We at MC&T love delivering on exclusive Corvette scoops from time to time, ever since our first article, in fact. Go figure that the Corvette community at large have taken note, and our founder and Editorial Director Manny Katakis has been called onto the Corvette Today podcast to discuss the latest on America’s favorite sports car. For our part, it was much to do with the C8 Corvette ZR1, as well as what the new Cadillac GTP Hypercar program could mean for the nameplate.
First, a little about the podcast in case you’re new. Corvette Today is hosted by Steve Garrett, a seasoned radio DJ in Kansas City Missouri. Steve’s also heavily involved with all things Corvette, being the president of Corvette Club of Kansas City, for five years and hosting the biggest weekend Corvette gathering of the Midwest, Corvette FunFest. Steve is joined by Keith Cornett, Senior Editor of Corvette Blogger as his co-host. This week’s episode was just over 43-minutes in length and can be found both on YouTube and on Corvette Today’s website. New episodes are released every Monday at midnight eastern. According to Corvette Blogger this episode was one the best yet.
As for MC&T’s time in the spotlight, the conversation runs between the 25 and 34 minute marks where Manny breaks down what he expects to see in a couple years from GM, including the Corvette ZR1, E-Ray, and Cadillac LMDh racecar. Below is a hit list of items covered in the episodes entirety.
- GM files federal trademark for Corvette Grand Sport
- Chevrolet launches a much-improved Build & Price configurator for 2023 Corvette Stingray
- The NCM begins 2023 Corvette Stingray deliveries
- 2022 Corvette named IntelliChoice’s Best Premium Performance Car of the year
- Top 10 Corvette dealers announced
- Pricing for the C8 Stingray is going up by $15,000 in Australia
- Will the C8 Z06 high wing be installed at the factory or the dealership
- Recap of Corvette Racing at Le Mans (it didn’t go well)