The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Platinum is the latest crown jewel from General Motors. Like each iteration before it, the latest Escalade Platinum elevates the marque to new heights of refinement and sophistication. And with mechanical improvements like IRS and active air suspension, the new Escalade has the makings of a three-row flying magic carpet.
Here are some highlights of the 2021 Cadillac Escalade Platinum:
- An available 36-speaker, three-amplifier audio system from AKG. The standard AKG Studio system includes 19 speakers and a large enclosed subwoofer, powered by a 14-channel amplifier. AKG has been around since 1947, and has been known as some of the most high-end audio equipment used by recording professionals. This is the first time AKG has done a vehicle audio system. And yes, those are speakers in the headrests.
- A Dometic center console freezer/cooler that can hold a six pack of your favorite something.
- The 2021 Cadillac Escalade Platinum offers soft-close doors and touch-sensitive electronic door handles to elevate the experience of entry and exit.
- Augmented Reality-enabled navigation, which uses live street views with directional overlays and more to enhance driving directions. This is all projected onto the driver’s display, with turn indicators and other directional information overlaid on the image fed from a front camera.
- A 7.2-inch-diagonal touch control panel driver information center to the driver’s left, a massive 14.2-inch-diagonal cluster display behind the steering wheel and a 16.9-inch-diagonal Infotainment screen to the driver’s right. In total, the screens measures an incredible 38 inches diagonally. The OLED display delivers some of the sharpest, most colorful, and most contrasting resolutions found in any automobile. The system is also wildly configurable, allowing customers to move around apps and icons, create unique driver profiles, and control a full-spectrum of ambient lighting.
- The 2021 Cadillac Escalade utilizes GM’s new Global B electrical architecture, which has five times the amount of power as GM’s Global A architecture. This allows for incredible processing speeds, cleaner resolutions, and more technological capabilities otherwise. Even the door chimes are different than before, and reflect a new standard of sound for all new GM products utilizing Global B.
For a complete gallery you won’t find anywhere else, check out our exclusive photo gallery below: