We have yet to see the last of the Garage 56 Camaro, as it’s scheduled to make seven runs up the Goodwood Hill Climb with F1 champion Jenson Button and Le Mans winner Mike Rockenfeller splitting driving duties for the event. But that’s not all, as Ford has also announced the participation of the S650 Mustang GT3 racecar taking on the world-famous Goodwood Hillclimb, as well.
Garage 56 Chevrolet Camaro And S650 Ford Mustang GT3 Invade Goodwood
Racing fans worldwide fell in love with the Garage 56 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 during this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans. Many fans were disappointed that the unique project would only have the one-off Le Mans appearance on its schedule. However, the legendary race car would appear at this weekend’s Goodwood Festival of Speed.
The Garage 56 Camaro is scheduled to make seven runs up the English estate’s hill climb over the weekend, and if you want to mark the date and time for each run, here’s the schedule:
- Thursday, July 13, 2:30 p.m. British Summer Time (BST) / 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time – Mike Rockenfeller
- Friday, July 14, 9:10 a.m. BST / 4:10 a.m. ET – Jenson Button
- Friday, July 14, 3:10 p,m. BST/ 10:10 a.m. ET – Mike Rockenfeller
- Saturday, July 15, 8:30 a.m. BST / 3:30 a.m. ET – Mike Rockenfeller
- Saturday, July 15, 2:55 p.m. BST / 9:55 a.m. ET – Jenson Button
- Sunday, July 16, 9:15 a.m. BST / 4:15 a.m. ET – Mike Rockenfellet
- Sunday, July 16, 3:50 p.m. BST / 10:50 a.m. ET – Jenson Button
It appears NASCAR has increased international popularity with the Garage 56 program, and we’re sure those in attendance love the sound of an American V8 conquering the Hillclimb. However, as we said earlier, this isn’t the only American racecar from the 24 Hours of Le Mans making its way to the Hillclimb this weekend.
The recently debuted Mustang GT3 and GT4 racecars will make dynamic debuts while belting out their V8 soundtracks to the crowds at the epic event. The Goodwood Hillclimb delivers the perfect stage to explore the limits of these vehicles and demonstrate the true capabilities of a car synonymous with freedom and performance. So, if you’re in the area and want a glance at the glory of American muscle, look no further than the Goodwood Festival of Speed.