There’s been a lot of hype surrounding electric pickup trucks lately. But that hasn’t seemed to phase the burgeoning off-road/overlanding community, who prefer to keep things more tried-and-true. Recently, American Expedition Vehicles gave us a taste of what’s next at the 2019 SEMA Show with the debut of the Ram HD-based AEV Prospector XL. Today, the high-end upfitter reveals a major detail: the price.
If you want one of these big bruisers, it’s going to run you $17,549, on top of a 2020 Ram HD. That’s a price bump of less than $200 compared to the outgoing truck. Order books open up this week. Buyers can choose between either the Ram 2500 or Ram 3500, equipped with either gas V8 or Cummins diesel engines.
The 2020 AEV Prospector XL is the company’s largest vehicle yet, and there are several attributes that define it. Standard equipment on each 2020 AEV Prospector XL off-road pickup truck is as follows:
- Winch-ready front bumper made of stamped steel w/ nodular iron recovery hooks, low tube, skid plate, and light bezel. The bumper also works seamlessly with the OEM front parking sensors and fog lights. There’s also a winch delete kit.
- High-clearance cross-link polyethylene flared fenders, allowing for a massive 41-inch tire, and front/rear LED marker lights. Toyo 40-inch M/T tires are standard around AEV Katla wheels.
- AEV’s 3-inch DualSport XT Suspension System, which retains OEM coil springs, suspension tuning, and geometry. Upgrades include a “High-Steer” kit, Bilstein 8100 Remote Reservoir Shock, and hydraulic steering upgrade.
- New and improved cross-link polyethylene snorkel with optional pre-filter assembly (shown in photos).
- Gear ratio tune
- Stamped steel rear bumper with tow loops, corner protection and step pads. Bumper also retains OEM rear park assist sensors.
Optional 2020 AEV Prospector XL Ram HD equipment includes:
- Vision 30-inch front bumper light bar
- Warn 16.5s winch
- Tonneau cover
- Bed rack
- Rear bumper lighting
- AEV painted appearance package
- Power side steps
- Mud flaps
- Exhaust extension
- Embroidered leather
- Front brush guards
- Intercooler skid plate
- AEV off-road lights
- AEV differential covers
Each 2020 AEV Prospector XL Ram HD comes with a 3-year, 36,000-mile warranty.
One CommentLeave a Reply
Love to see these muscle cars and trucks.