The 2023 Dodge Hornet boasts the best in class standard performance in both its powertrain options, but that’s only the starting point as the Dodge brand’s Direct Connection parts portfolio will be expanding with performance products developed exclusively for the Dodge hornet. Dodge recently unveiled three Dodge Hornets at the M1 Concourse, one of which was the Dodge Hornet GT GLH Concept which pays homage to the high-performance Dodge Omni GLH (Goes Like Hell) produced in the mid-1980s. The Hornet GT GLH boasts a better power-to-weight ratio than the original (which was 15.89 lbs per 1 hp) and provides a look at one potential performance path created with Direct Connection Parts.
Dodge Hornet GT GLH Concept: Details
Direct Connection content featured on the Hornet GT GLH includes:
- Stage kit that offers stackable performance upgrades for the GT model
- The suspension lowering kit drops the Hornet more than an inch, creating a lower center of gravity and enhanced cornering dynamics
- Unrestricted dual exhaust with black chrome tips provide a throaty performance note
- Exclusive Direction Connection GLH 20-inch painted and machined-faced wheels
- Exclusive Direct Connection GLH graphics, including stripes and logos
- Black-painted lower trim with exhaust cutout rear fascia
The 2023 Dodge Hornet GLH Concept is just a taste of what customers can achieve through Direct Connection parts for the new CUV. Parts are exclusively available through Dodge Power Brokers dealers, with the vehicle warranty maintained when covered parts are installed by a Power Brokers dealer. While the concept shows what’s available for the GT, Direct Connection parts will also be available to upgrade the Dodge Hornet R/T PHEV.
Additional details, including horsepower numbers, pricing, and availability of Direct Connection parts for the Hornet, will be announced at a later date. But, this is an excellent route for Dodge to take as it’ll undoubtedly increase Dodge Hornet sales as customers will have the ability to further customize and enhance their vehicles to their liking.