The mighty folks at Lingenfelter Performance Engineering have just released a high-performance Alcon Pro-System C8 Corvette Brake Kits, which provide enhanced braking capabilities for very high performance and top-level racing to the C8 Corvette.
The rich motorsports history of Alcon started with the company supplying brakes to IndyCar builders in the mid-1980s, before expanding to top-level race teams in IMSA, Tran-Am, and NASCAR. The brake kits include Pro-System Rotors, which are machined from specially formulated grey cast iron to provide the best thermal stability, friction coefficient, and heat transfer characteristics possible. Meanwhile, the Alcon Anodized front and rear wheel calipers are forged aluminum which is also used in top-level professional racing.
Everything within the brake kit is built to be able to withstand extreme temperatures; other hardware included in the package consists of:
- Dyno-Bedded Rotors and Pads
- Precision Machined and Anodized Aluminum Hats and Brackets
- Fully Floating Rotor Attachment with Anti-Rattle Clips
- High-Performance Brake Pads
Meanwhile, the Alcon Anodized front and rear wheel calipers feature:
- Aerospace Grade Aluminum Alloy Provides High Strength and Light Weight
- 6 Piston
- High-Temperature Seals
- Piston Diameter Optimized for use with Stock Master Cylinder, Booster, and ABS
- Fully Compatible with Aftermarket ABS Systems
- Staggered Piston Diameters Reduce Pad Taper
- Bolted Pad Retainer to Increase Stiffness
- Quick CHange Pads Without Removing Calipers
- Stainless Steel Pistons
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering offers kits that fit both OEM wheels and aftermarket wheels so that absolutely anyone can upgrade their braking system. In addition, the brake kits are compatible with the stock C8 Corvette parking brake, which means nothing needs to be changed to keep that feature. Pricing for both the OEM and aftermarket kits with front and rear brakes comes in at $9,680.24.
The LPE-Alcon stopping power upgrade for the C8 Corvette Stingray feels like a necessary add-on for when customers inevitably seek to add power to their mid-engined supercar, which comes in the form of a 700-plus horsepower supercharger kit for the LT2 V8 engine, which you can read all about here.