The 707 horsepower Dodge Charger Hellcat was revealed back in 2014, and to this day, remains the fastest vehicle with four doors in the world. That’s a lot of bragging rights for just $65,545. And the 2019 Charger Hellcat will continue to draw a following with the new Octane Edition.
The 2019 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Octane Edition gives owners a unique combination of paint and trim levels, which creates a popular black-out color theme. For the real murdered-out look, buyers can go for Pitch Black, but a more contrasting White Knuckle exterior paint is available as well. The limited-edition 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat Octane Edition package includes:
- Satin Black center stripe with Octane Red accents
- Black exterior badging, including grille, decklid and fender badges
- Black decklid spoiler with a satin finish
- 20 x 9.5-inch aluminum-forged wheels, painted a low-gloss black, shared with the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320
- Octane Red Brembo brake calipers (six-piston front calipers/four-piston rear)
- SRT Performance seats with Houndstooth insert (the first time on a Dodge Charger Hellcat), SRT Hellcat logo stitched into the seat back and red accent stitching Red interior stitching throughout the cabin
- Black-on-black SRT Hellcat instrument panel badge
- Red seat belts
- Gloss black interior accents, darkened instrument panel and darkened console bezels.
But it’s not just about the visuals. The 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat introduces several performance upgrades. Peep them below:
- New performance grille with dual inlets that feed cooler, outside air into the engine compartment
- Launch Assist, which uses wheel speed sensors to watch for wheel hop at launch and modifies the engine torque to regain full grip within milliseconds
- Line Lock, aka burnout mode
- After-Run Chiller, which keeps cooling the supercharger/charge air cooler after the 6.2L supercharged Hellcat V8 engine is shut off. This is a pulldown feature from the Dodge Challenger Demon
- Wheels include knurled bead seats to minimize tire slip on the wheel under extreme acceleration
- Torque Reserve, which closes a bypass valve to prefill the supercharger and manages fuel flow and spark advance to balance engine rpm and torque. This generates a reserve of torque that is delivered upon acceleration from a standing stop.
The 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat Octane Edition package will carry an MSRP of just $1,495. Orders are open now, but Dodge warns that the package will only be available until the end of the 2019 model year. Happy hunting.