With 480 horsepower, 420 lb-ft of torque and a curb weight of 3,705 pounds, the 2020 Ford Mustang Bullitt requires appropriate stopping power to manage its power, and its weight. Hence the set of aluminum Brembo rotors equipped on every Bullitt. The setup features six-piston fronts and single piston siding in the rear, and are uniquely finished in a Gloss Red hue. Turns out, the colored calipers are coveted by current Mustang customers beyond the Bullitt. So, Ford Performance has readied this brake set for both S550 Mustang GT and Mustang EcoBoost Performance Pack muscle cars. Pricing has not been made immediately available.
Here are further details, as provided by Ford Performance:
- Fits 2015–2020 Mustang GT 5.0L
- Fits 2015–2020 2.3L Mustang EcoBoost Performance Pack
- Fits both right and left-hand drive Mustangs
- Front rotors are 15-inches with directional vanes
- Rear rotors are 13-inches with directional vanes
- Does not immediately fit 2015-2017 V6 or 2015-2017 Base EcoBoost cars
- Some stock 2015-2020 Mustang EcoBoost and Mustang GT 17-inch and 18-inch wheels may not clear Bullitt calipers. To which, the Ford Performance Techline is open for assistance.
Ford Mustang Bullitt Kit includes:
- Bullitt Front Calipers
- Bullitt Front Rotors
- Bullitt Front Brake Pads
- Bullitt Rear Calipers
- Bullitt Rear Rotors
- Bullitt Rear Brake Pads
- Front Brake Hoses
- Front and Rear Splash Shields
- All needed hardware
The Ford Mustang Bullitt is expected to close out its run as a nameplate as soon as the 2021 model year. In its place is likely to be the Mustang Mach 1, which could feature the same kind of hardware as the Bullitt that gives it the performance edge over the Mustang GT, which is thanks to an intake manifold borrowed from the more powerful Shelby GT350, a performance open air intake, a bespoke powertrain control module, and a bigger 87-mm throttle body. The theory is that the Mustang Mach 1 will be very similar to the outgoing Bullitt, but will be offered in more colors beyond Dark Highland Green and black.