GMC has just announced the extended driving range for the 2024 GMC Hummer EV 3X pickup. The update is an outstanding GM-estimated 381 miles of range on a full charge on the 3X trim with the available 24-module battery. That’s a 26-mile increase over the 2023 model year. GM estimates that vehicles equipped with the available Extreme Off-Road Package could have 359 miles of range on a full charge. That’s a 30-mile increase over the previous year.
What Are The Latest GMC Hummer EV Updates?
While the 2024 GMC Hummer EV 3X pickup is configured for on-road driving dynamics, the available Extreme Off-Road Package builds upon the truck’s innate off-road capability to tackle the most challenging trails. Standard features that can be found on the 3X pickup trim include:
- 22-inch wheels and 25-inch All-Terrain tires
- 4-wheel Steer with CrabWalk diagonal drive capability
- Air Ride Adaptive Suspension
- Extract Mode
- Watts to Freedom launch experience (-60 in 3.5 seconds with standard module and 0-60 in 3 seconds with available 24-module battery)
- Super Cruise hands-free driver assistance feature with more than 400,000 miles of compatible roads in the United States and Canada
- Up to 381 miles of GM-estimated driving range on a full charge with the available 24-module battery pack
Meanwhile, if customers upgrade to the available Extreme Off-Road Package on the 3X trim, some additional features are added to build upon the truck’s capability:
- 18-inch wheels and 25-inch Mud-Terrain tires
- Four additional underbody camera views for 18 total camera views
- Front e-locker and rear virtual locking differentials
- Heavy-duty ball-spline half-shafts
- Underbody armor consisting of five skid plates and rocker protection with built-in assist steps, as well as two underbody shields to protect the battery and drive units
- Up to 359 miles of GM-estimated driving range on a full charge with the available 24-module battery pack
The Hummer EV 3X pickup will be on sale for current reservation holders this fall and will start at $106,945 without the Extreme Off-Road Package. GMC hasn’t disclosed the price of the package, so we’re unsure how much that’ll add to the overall cost of the vehicle.