Dodge Direct Connection Performance is kick-starting the brand’s rollout of new factory-backed parts. Key products from the exclusive lineup include performance “Tuner” and “Stage” kits for the Dodge Challenger, and we get to see the return of the Hellephant engine. Many of these parts and the engines used to be part of the Mopar Performance catalog.
Dodge Direct Connection Crate Engines
As far as engines go for the 2022 performance parts catalog, Direct Connection will encompass a horsepower-packed lineup of five existing crate engines, which will allow customers to turn any pre-1976 classic into a beast on the strip. The lineup includes:
- 345 Crate Hemi Engine: 5.7L Hemi delivers 383 horsepower and 417 lb-ft of torque
- 392 Crate Hemi Engine: 6.4L Hemi delivers 485 horsepower and 475 lb-ft of torque
- Hellcrate 6.2L SUpercharged Crate Hemi Engine: 6.2L supercharged Hemi reaches 717 horsepower and 656 lb-ft of torque
- Hellcrate Redeye 6.2L Supercharged Crate Hemi Engine: 6.2L supercharged Hemi pumps out 807 horsepower and 717 lb-ft of torque
- Hellephant 426 cubic-inch Supercharged Crate Hemi Engine: 6.2L supercharged Hemi that creates 1,000 horsepower and 950 lb-ft of torque (available Q2 2022).
Dodge Challenger Hellcat and Redeye Tuning Kits
Direct Connection provides enthusiasts with the “keys” to unlock the full potential of their vehicles in the form of Tuner and Stage kits for the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and Redeye models. Starting with the Direct Connection Tuner, enthusiasts are given the power to upgrade an engine calibration at the touch of a button; the Tuner plugs into the OBD-II port and installs calibrations for the 50-state-legal Stage kits. The stage kits have a lot to offer and are as follows:
- Pre-stage Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye): Includes the Tuner along with a performance air cleaner and low temp thermostat. The Pre-stage adds five horsepower and enables customers to opt for future performance upgrades through downloadable tuning maps.
- Stage I Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye): Features a key code to unlock the 50 state legal calibration installation, boosting the engine to 840 horsepower and 770 lb-ft of torque when in high-octane mode. (Requires Pre-stage kit)
- Stage II Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye): Builds off the stage I Kit and includes a 3.17-inch “Hellephant” engine pulley and key code to unlock the Stage II 50 state legal calibration that boosts the engine to 885 horsepower and 787 lb-ft of torque. (requires Pre-stage Kit and Stage I Kit)
- Pre-Stage Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat): includes Tuner and pre-loaded 50 state legal calibration that adds five horsepower and allows for future performance upgrades
- Stage I Kit (Challenger SRT Hellcat): Adds a 3.17-inch “Hellephant” engine pulley and the key code to unlock 50 state legal calibration to achieve 757 horsepower and 696 lb-ft of torque (Requires Pre-stage Kit)
Direct Connection offers many more kits that will enable customers to transform their Dodge Challengers into the ultimate pavement monsters. Ordering for Direct Connection parts will open in late Q1 2022, while the Dodge Power Brokers dealer network (which will serve as the sole source for all Direct Connection performance parts) will begin operation in late Q1 2022 as well.
One CommentLeave a Reply
Pingback:SpeedKore 1968 Dodge Charger Hellucination Gets First 1400 Miles