The Ford Mustang is leveraging a bit of its history for the 2022 model year, as well as galloping forward with something new. Returning is the California Special name for the 2022 Mustang GT, while a first-ever Stealth Edition for the 2022 Mustang EcoBoost to complement the already-announced Ice White Appearance Package. Pricing and orders are expected to be announced later this year, with deliveries anticipated to start early next year, if things go according to plan.
First-Ever 2022 Ford Mustang Stealth Edition
The 2022 Ford Mustang Stealth Edition Appearance Package features the following:
- 19-inch Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels
- Black pony badges
- Performance rear wing
- Black mirror caps
- Clear LED taillamp covers,
- Matte and gloss black instrument panel badge
- Lighted door sill plate.
The Stealth Edition is available on the 2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost in Atlas Blue, Carbonized Gray, Dark Matter and Shadow Black.
2022 Ford Mustang GT/CS
The beloved California Special, aka GT/CS, which was last seen between the 2016 and 2017 model years, makes a return for the 2022 Ford Mustang GT, and is better than ever.
Based on both the Mustang GT Premium fastback and convertible models, the latest California Special Appearance Package features the following:
- Blacked-out “GT/CS” honeycomb grille
- “GT/CS”Side racing stripes
- Rear fender scoop
- Larger front splitter
- Special badging
- Optional performance rear wing on fastback models
- Unique 5-spoke 19-inch wheels
- California Special badged strut tower brace
- Milko sueded door inserts and seat inserts with embossed “GT/CS” logo
- “GT/CS” floor mats
- California Special script badge on passenger side dashboard
- carbon hex aluminum finished instrument panel
Bonus: GT Performance Package For New Mustang California Special
For the first time, the GT Performance Package is now available on the Mustang California Special, making it the most capable GT/CS ever.
The 2022 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package adds the following to the California Special:
- Brembo six-piston front brake calipers
- Unique chassis tuning with heavy-duty front springs
- Larger tubular rear sway bar
- Overall lower ride height
- Strut tower brace
- Front subframe V-brace
- Torsen limited-slip differential
- Unique stability control and electric power steering tuning.
- Staggered 19×9-inch front and 19×9.5-inch rear wheels with Pirelli summer tires
The 2022 Ford Mustang California Special will be available in Atlas Blue, Carbonized Gray, Cyber Orange, Dark Matter, Grabber Blue Metallic, Iconic Silver, Rapid Red, Shadow Black and Oxford White.