GMC is a busy brand these days. With the preview of what’s to come with the Canyon AT4 Overland Concept, the anticipation of the 2022 GMC Sierra 1500, and a refreshed Sierra HD not far away, Big Red has a full schedule. Need we mention the GMC Hummer EV? Because, yeah. That, too. But where would GMC be if not for its flagship SUV, the Yukon and larger Yukon XL? Where would the Denali sub-brand even be without this family of popular, powerful SUVs? The General Motors accountants probably don’t want to think about that. And neither do we. Instead, we’d like to point your attention to all of the updates for the 2022 GMC Yukon family.
2022 GMC Yukon Updates: The Details
Notable 2022 GMC Yukon and Yukon XL updates include:
- New available color – Redwood Metallic.
- Expanded 6.2L V8 engine availability – the 6.2L L87 V8 engine will become available on the Yukon AT4 and sport a dual exhaust, trickling from the Yukon Denali.
- New 12-inch Digital Information Cluster will become standard across the Yukon lineup.
- New infotainment system with Google Built-In technology will become standard across the 2022 Yukon lineup.
- The Power Sliding Center Console now becomes standard on 2022 GMC Yukon Denali.
The 2022 GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali family won’t see any major visual updates, keeping things focused on interior technology and desired engine availability. The tech and engine changes are also reflective of the 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban updates. At the moment, Super Cruise has yet to be announced for the 2022 model year. Perhaps later.
Other updates for the Yukon family will be features like “Buckle to Drive,” a full-size spare wheel, new accessories like illuminated sill plates and more wheel options, an Enhanced Trailering Technology Package with trailer camera provisions, and reverse automatic braking.
Pricing is not yet available, but production of the updated 2022 GMC Yukon family commences this fall, by way of Arlington, Texas.