Last week, HP Tuners released further support for the encrypted TCMs and ECMs for GM’s Global B electrical architecture. The tune focuses on new General Motors trucks and SUVs, including the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, GMC Sierra 1500 from 2019+, and 2021+ SUVs from General Motors. Unsurprisingly, Magnuson Superchargers was poised and ready to launch its supercharger tuner kit for these vehicles, enabling customers to upgrade the performance of their trucks or SUVs and make them even more fun to drive.
New Magnuson Supercharger Kit For T1 GM Trucks and SUVs
The Magnum TVS2650 Supercharger System was designed exclusively for L83 and L86 GM Trucks, and it’s now available as a tuner kit for 2019+ Trucks and 2021+ SUVs. Featuring the highly efficient TVS2650 Rotating group, the Magnum Truck Kit will provide the boost you need for a serious increase in performance. With its massive air-to-water intercooler, you’ll have consistent intake temperatures for reliable performance that can be repeated without significant gaps. In other words, the power is always at the driver’s disposal. Speaking of, the figures are not immediately publicized, but if they’re anything close to what’s currently offered through Lingenfelter, customers can expect up to 650 horsepower and 630 pound-feet of torque from the 6.2L L87 V8, and 545 horsepower and 535 pound-feet of torque from the 5.3L L84 V8. That’s roughly 45 percent greater than stock.
Some of the key technical features that customers can expect when purchasing the Magnuson Supercharger kit for GM trucks and SUVs with the L83 or L86 engine, including 2019+ GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado, and the 2021+ Suburban and Tahoe, GMC Yukon and Denali, Cadillac Escalade, includes:
- Large capacity, fully integrated front inlet/front-drive TVS2650 Supercharger assembly
- Maintenance-free Roots-type design using Eaton TVS Technology with proven OEM durability
- Integrated vacuum bypass for instant boost response at all engine speeds
- High-efficiency intercooler system for maximum charge air cooling and sustainable performance
- Custom-engineered supercharger belt-drive system for worry-free driving both on and off-road
- Waterproof intercooler pump for reliable performance in wet conditions
- Complete bolt-on installation with OEM look, fit, and finish
Pricing for both kits starts at $7,295 and can be found on the Magnuson Superchargers website. With the help of detailed step-by-step installation instructions, it should be relatively straightforward for customers to install the kit themselves. However, when it comes to calibrating the vehicle for the new tune, it may take a few more steps. So be sure to read the instructions before starting with the installation, as you may need to send the ECM into Magnuson to install the tune for it.