The clock has struck 9:00 AM, and here it is: the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee. And with it is indeed the anticipated 4xe version. However, this Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe is no quirky compliance vehicle. Instead, Jeep chose to electrify its most off-road capable trim level of the two-row SUV, creating the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4xe.
How capable is it? Well, it trekked the infamous Rubicon Trail, which spans 22 miles, without using a single drop of gasoline. Probably with a Wrangler 4xe, as both seem to use the same engine and both utilize a 400-volt, 17.3 kWh battery pack. All told, peak output comes in at 375 horsepower, and a Hemi V8-rivaling 470 lb-ft of torque sending power through a ZF-supplied 8P75PH PHEV automatic 8-speed transmission. Fully charged, the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe is targeting 25 miles of electric range, and 57 MPGe.
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4xe: Off-Road Details
Is fuel economy really the driving force behind a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk purchase? Probably not. To that end, this is where things get more capable than ever before. In the case of the Trailhawk 4xe, we’re treated to the following off-road features and specifications:
- Quadra-Drive II 4×4 system with 2-speed transfer case and 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio
- Rear electronic limited-slip differential (eLSD)
- Class-exclusive sway bar disconnect to allow for improved articulation and traction over rocks and rough terrain
- Selec-Terrain traction management system
- Selec-Speed Control
- 10.9 inches (27.8 cm) of ground clearance
- 24 inches (61 cm) of water fording capability
- 47.4:1 crawl ratio
- Blue tow hooks
- Blue-accented 18-inch wheels with all-terrain tires
- Glare-proof black-and-blue matte “Trailhawk” hood decal
- Maximum approach, breakover and departure angles of 35.7 degress, 22.3 degrees, and 30.0 degrees, respectively.
The 4xe powertrain is also available on 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, Overland, and Summit trim levels. Pricing for the new SUV has not yet been announced. Perhaps later. Non-electrified 2022 Grand Cherokee variants will commence production at the Stellantis Detroit Assembly Complex by Q4 2021. 2022 Grand Cherokee 4xe variants will begin production and deliveries in early 2022, while the world will have to wait until later that year.
One CommentLeave a Reply
Pingback:Jeep Announces 4xe Day For September 8