GM gave its half-ton trucks significant updates for the 2022 model year, which means there are few significant changes to come to the vehicles for 2023. However, that doesn’t mean the trucks are entirely without changes, as the 2023 GMC Sierra 1500 lineup is getting a more potent 3.0-liter Duramax turbodiesel and a new, late availability AT4X AEV Edition.
2023 GMC Sierra Pricing: Details
Customers will also get some new exterior colors along with a Graphite Edition on the Pro trim and a new 22-inch wheel design for the Denali Ultimate. Beyond that, pricing is the main change across this year’s lineup. According to TFL, the price shifts from anywhere between $745 to $3,395 from the respective 2022 versions depending on which trim you buy. In addition, destination charges have increased by $100, bringing that up to $1,895 for each truck. The 2023 GMC Sierra price changes by trim are as follows:
- Pro 2WD (Standard Box): $38,995 (-$1,025)
- SLE 2WD (Double Cab, 2.7L Turbo): $52,095 (+1,100)
- Elevation 2WD (Double Cab, 2.7L Turbo): $53,795 (+$1,200)
- SLT 2WD (Crew Cab, 5.3L V8): $57,795 (+1,200)
- AT4 4WD (Crew Cab, 3.0L Duramax): $68,595 (+$1,300)
- AT4X 4WD (Crew Cab, 6.2L V8): $83,595 (+$3,395)
- AT4X AEV Edition 4WD (Crew Cab, 6.2L V8): $90,440
- Denali 2WD (Crew Cab, 5.3L V8): $67,595 (+$1,095)
- Denali Ultimate 4WD (Crew Cab, 3.0L Duramax): $82,940 (+$745)
Sierra AT4X AEV: Details
As for the newly added GMC Sierra AT4X AEV created in collaboration with American Expedition Vehicles. The price starts with the standard AT4X equipment but with some extra bits. The extra gear includes a revised grille with gloss black and dark nickel trim, AEV front and rear bumpers with increased approach and departure angles, and a hot-stamped hardened steel front skid plate inflates the cost. Still, it gives the AT4X more capability off-road. The AT4X AEV goes a bit further than the regular AT4X with four more skid plates, AEV’s Salta wheels, and a smattering of black trim around the body.
Interestingly, GMC has decided to make the AT4X AEV a package for the AT4X rather than a separate trim. The package costs $6,895, which brings the MSRP to $90,490 after the $1,895 destination charge. Unfortunately, after equipping the GMC Sierra AT4X with the AEV package, there’s not much else to add for options.