Halloween is just around the corner, and in anticipation of that, Dodge has announced the brand’s subsequent entry into the “Last Call” special-edition series. The 2023 Dodge Challenger Black Ghost, which channels the Hemi-powered spirit of a muscle car that haunted metro Detroit’s famed Woodward Avenue in the 1970s.
Dodge Challenger Black Ghost: Details
The original Black Ghost, a black 1970 Dodge Challenger RT SE (special edition) owned by Godfrey Qualls, ruled Woodward Avenue in the 1970s. Quall’s 1970 Challenger quickly earned a legendary reputation for flexing its 426 Hemi on Woodward and then driving off mysteriously into the night, not to be seen again for months. This led to the “Black Ghost” nickname. Not just a local legend, Qualls’s vehicle earned a spot on the National Historic Vehicle Register in 2020. The legendary muscle car remains in the Qualls family to this very day.
The 2023 Dodge Challenger Black Ghost special editions offer a modern manifestation of the historic vehicle, wrapping a black and chrome appearance, including unique black “gator skin” roof vinyl graphics similar to the original, around a Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody bumped up to 807 horsepower. Some highlights of the 2023 Dodge Challenger Black Ghost include:
- Black “gator skin” roof vinyl
- Bright Dodge fascia badge
- White rear fender graphics
- Challenger script grille, fender, and spoiler badges
- Midnight Metallic SRT grille badge
- Bright fuel filler door
- Black six-piston Brembo brake system
- 3.09:1 rear axle ratio
- 20-by-11-inch Satin Carbon Warp Speed wheels
- Black Mopar hood pins
- Black Ghost interior instrument panel badge
- Alcantara/Laguna leather seats and door bolsters
- Alcantara steering wheel with red SRT logo
- Real carbon fiber bezels and Dynamica suede headliner
Dodge will produce just 300 of the 2023 Dodge Challenger Black Ghost models, with pricing and dealer information available later this fall. As this is the sixth installment into the “Last Call” special edition lineup, there’s just one left to be announced. And it’s set to debut at the 2022 SEMA Show in November.