From behind the wheel, the extreme off-road capability of the 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor is complemented by a dynamic display in a fully customizable 12-inch digital cluster that illustrates the optimization enabled by each drive mode.
Ford Bronco Raptor Digital Cluster: Details
The 12-inch display is the next evolution of digital technology in the Ford lineup, expanding on the cluster of the F-150 Raptor. Performance View is the headline of this feature, making crucial information such as engine speed and gear state easy to read for hardcore off-roaders. The Performance View can be used with any mode but is designed with high-speed, off-road racing in Baja mode in mind. Performance View aims to give the driver important information as efficiently as possible.
For an elevated experience, the all-new digital cluster in the Bronco Raptor brings the brand’s exclusive G.O.A.T. (Goes Over Any Terrain) Modes Terrain Management System to life. Ford hired former videogame developers that created animations for all seven selectable drive modes, each capturing the specific performance and personality of the setting through the use of speed, camera angle, and color to help drivers quickly interpret how their vehicle is optimized.
The center console-mounted G.O.A.T Modes rotary dial allows drivers to change from one mode to another easily. The normal mode starts at the 12 o’clock position, then the dial clicks left one by one for three modes, then right for the additional three.
- Normal: The screen of the digital cluster uses a subtle blue to show the vehicle in an everyday driving scenario
- Sport: One-click left captures the feel of a more exciting drive experience; the cluster takes on a red and white theme to show the vehicle in a track environment
- Tow/Haul: Two clicks to the left, the gauge turns yellow in a subtle nod to construction vehicles, highlighting the increased tow rating of 4,500 pounds
- Slippery: Three clicks to the left, this mode is optimized for use on slick roads or loose surfaces such as gravel; the screen takes on a light blue to show a vehicle in rainy conditions
- Off-Road: One-click to the right brings an animation of an off-road environment in shades of brown, illustrating that the Bronco Raptor is ready for fun with four-wheel-drive lock engaged
- Baja: Two clicks to the right depicts the heart of the Bronco Raptor persona with the use of orange highlights to show the vehicle driving across a desert
- Rock Crawl: Three clicks to the right, and the vehicle is optimized for low speed, aggressive climbing; the cluster shows the Bronco Raptor slow crawling over rocks.