The S550 Steeda Ford Mustang Silver Bullet was a remarkable car that set records with the help of some modifications to the vehicle. However, it looks like the company has yet to retire the name, as it has just debuted the Silver Bullet 2.0, which uses the new generation Mustang and aims to surpass the previous generation in terms of performance numbers.
Steeda 2024 Ford Mustang Silver Bullet 2.0: Details
With every new generation Mustang comes a new platform to test, validate, and push the limits. We’ve known for some time now that Steeda has been silently working on a project for the S650 platform, and the company aims to impress. The Steeda team took the car down the dragstrip during Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach, SC, in undesirable, hot conditions to a 12.56 @ 114 quarter mile in stock form. With that base number and the record-breaking 9-second quarter mile from the 2018 Mustang GT, the team had a goal and dove deep into the new S650 Ford Mustang and bumped the quarter mile time from 12.56 to 11.22 at 125 MPH. That’s currently the fastest run the 2024 Mustang Silver Bullet 2.0 has achieved, but it doesn’t look like the aftermarket company is done yet.
Steeda has added a slew of upgrades to the car, including a factory intake Carbon Trap Delete, Kooks 1-7/8″ Long Tube Headers, and QA1 SFI Carbon Fiber Driveshaft. Meanwhile, the Gen 4 Coyote V8 and Transmission remained untouched. Other modifications for the Steeda Silver Bullet 2.0 include:
- Steeda S550 Mustang Drag Front K-Member
- Steeda Pro-Action Drag Racing Front COilovers
- Steeda Camber Plates
- Steeda Pro-Action Rag Racing Front Coilovers
- Steeda Camber Plates
- Steeda Pro-Action DOuble Adjustable Rear Shocks
- Steeda Hardcore Rear Adjustable Ride Height System
- Steeda IRS Subframe Braces
- Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe Links
- Steeda Vertical Links with Delrin Bushings
- Steeda Billet Rear Adjustable Camber Arms
- Steeda Billet Rear Shock Mounts
- Steeda Drag Rear Sway Bar
- Steeda Subframe Bushing Support System
- Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit
- Ford Performance KNuckle to Toe Link Bearing Assembly
- Steeda Adjustable Urethane Differential Mount Bushing INsert System
- Steeda Lightweight Race Front Bumper Bar
- Baer Lightweight Drag 4-Piston Front and Rear Brake Systems
The car’s interior features a rear seat delete and Corbeau Front Racing Seats, which also helps shave some weight off the car. As for what connects the vehicle to the ground, that’s a set of Mickey Thompson performance drag tires wrapped around billet specialties Win Lite Black Front and Rear Wheels, which measure 17×4.5 in the front and 17×10 at the back. Now that the suspension has been upgraded, it’ll be interesting if Steeda decides to tune the car to boost the engine’s output a bit more to get an even faster naturally aspirated lap time. Steeda has good standing with Ford, so it should be easy for them to bypass the locked ECM Ford has put on the S650 Ford Mustangs.