The 2024 Jeep Wrangler refresh looks to improve on the iconic SUV’s various qualities, from safety to off-road capability. And while the latter is highlighted by the new Wrangler Willys and Rubicon, the updated Jeep now offers more than 85 active and passive safety and security features. Standard on all models for 2024 are first- and second-row side curtain airbags, which complement standard driver and front passenger airbags and front seat-mounted driver and passenger side airbags. In addition, for the 2024 model year, Wrangler features second-row outboard seatbelts and pre-tensioners, load limiters, and structural improvements for side-impact performance.
Oh, and the antenna is now integrated into the windshield.
Forward collision warning and advanced cruise control with stop are standard on Sport S and above. Blind-spot and cross-path detection and ParkSense rear park-assist system are standard on High Altitude, Rubicon X, and Rubicon 392 and available on Sport S, Willys, Sahara, and Rubicon. A ParkView rear backup camera with dynamic grid lines, traction control, and electronic stability control (ESC) with electronic roll mitigation is standard on all models.
2024 Jeep Wrangler Technology: Details
Standard on all models is improved hands-free voice recognition, which now uses microphone array technology. On High Altitude, Rubicon X and Rubicon 392, a standard premium cabin package, adds acoustic front glass, thicker carpet, and sound-deadening foam in the windshield header, front cowl, and B-pillars for a quieter ride. An all-new 12.3-inch touchscreen – the most advanced and largest display ever offered on Wrangler – houses the fifth-generation award-winning Uconnect 5 system and sits prominently atop the center stack, right above the new slim rectangular inboard air vent. The outboard air vents retain their signature circular shape.
Uconnect 5 delivers operating speeds that are five times faster when compared to the previous generation. In addition, using the Android operating system and over-the-air (OTA) updates, Uconnect 5 brings flexibility that will allow the system to evolve to continuously offer new content, features, and services.
The new Wrangler’s Uconnect 5 system offers more connected services and features for unmatched ease of use. The suite of systems highlights includes:
- 12.3-inch digital touchscreen
- Trails Offroad app
- Five user profiles plus a valet mode – customizable music preferences, apps, seat position, mirror angles, and climate comfort levels
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Fully customizable home screen for quick access to frequently used features and one-touch operation (NEW)
- Simultaneous connectivity for two Bluetooth-enabled phones (NEW)
- Alexa Home to Car functionality to include in-vehicle Alexa virtual assistant with natural voice capability and Car to Home Features
- Uconnect mobile app
- SiriusXM 360L platform and Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora (NEW)
- TomTom navigation with predictive search, natural speak, and live traffic updates
- Maps OTA updates at the push of a button for the Uconnect NAV system (NEW)
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot to connect up to eight wireless devices
Finally, the new Wrangler is well-equipped to keep vehicle occupants connected while on the go. Functionality is enhanced for front-row passengers with standard dual USB Type C ports that allow devices to charge up to four times faster. The Wrangler delivers up to seven USB Type A and Type C ports for both rows. Standard 12-volt accessory outlets are located throughout the new Wrangler, and a 115-volt AC outlet is available to power select three-pronged home electronics.