A brand new chapter for Roadster Shop has begun with the 2022 SEMA Show launch of their all-new ‘Legend Series’ full rolling chassis package for the 1969-80 Blazer and 1973-80 C/K-10 trucks. This is their most complete, full rolling chassis built with modern comfort and drivability for classic trucks in mind.
There’s plenty of reason to want to preserve the life of a classic truck like the 1969-80 Chevy Blazer or 1973-80 C/K-10 trucks. Sure, they don’t have all the fancy modern tech that cars have today. But they are built significantly differently and could last an entire lifetime if cared for properly. Additionally, they may hold significant sentimental value for an individual, which is why someone would be interested in the Roadster Shop ‘Legend Series’ chassis. It keeps that old truck look and feel while providing more comfort and serviceability that modern OEM components offer.
Roadster Shop Legend Series Chassis Package: Details
Several features come standard with the Roadster Shop Legend Series chassis, starting with the Roadster Shop 2×6 “Laser Rail” frame design with integral cross members, making up the package’s foundation. Also included are the following:
- GM Factory IFS with GM front differential and axle shafts
- Fox 2.5 Factory Series adjustable front coilovers
- Power rack & pinion steering
- Tubular front sway bar
- GM Silverado 13″ front disc brakes
- Custom Deaver’s rear leaf springs with Fox 2.0 Performance Series shocks
- GM 12 bolt rear axle with 3.42 ratio and posi
- GM Silverado 12″ rear disc brakes
- Stainless brake line package
The test mule for the Legend Series chassis has been driven to an assortment of places and has been said by Roadster Shop to feel significantly better than the same truck riding on its original chassis. Roadster Shop does have some options available for the package, which includes:
- Powder Coat Chassis – Satin Black ($3,500)
- Hitch Receiver With Air Ride Helper Bag & Compressor Kit ($2,495)
- Legend Series 17″ Billet Wheels ($5,925)
- LT1-8L90 Drivetrain ($44,848)
- LT4-8L90 Drivetrain ($54,348)
- Legend Series Cooling Module & Core Support Package ($5,959-$6,095)
- Brake Booster & Master Cylinder Kit ($795)
- Spare Tire Kit ($695)
The Roadster Shop Legend Series Chassis package is designed to breathe new life into your classic Blazer. Bringing about the ability to take the vehicle on extended road trips without the worry about mechanical issues along the way. The starting price for the package is $74,843; that price includes the LT1-8L90 Drivetrain.