GMC first elevated key off-road truck segments with the premium and capable Sierra 1500 AT4X and Canyon AT4X. Today, the brand is taking things a step further with the first-ever 2024 GMC Sierra HD AT4X, a truck that enables adventurers to go further while still having the towing capability essential for heavy-duty haulers.
2024 GMC Sierra HD AT4X: Details
The Sierra HD AT4X bolsters GMC’s lineup of premium off-road trucks, balancing increased off-road capability and smooth on-road handling. In addition, it offers the most trailering technology in its class and first-class luxury and comfort features. Building on the foundation of the revamped 2024 Sierra HD, which receives fresh design updates, newly available premium interiors, and an all-new tech-focused layout, the new Sierra HD AT4X’s highlights include:
- Available 18,500-pound max trailering capacity
- Factory-installed 1.5-inch suspension lift
- Multimatic DSSV dampers
- Rear e-locking differential (like the Silverado HD ZR2, there’s no front locker this time around)
- 35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires
- Specific front upper and lower control arms and specific steering knuckles
- Larger steel transfer case skid plate and front aluminum skid plate
- Unique Obsidian Rush interior featuring premium appointments like massaging, whole grain leather-wrapped front seats
In addition to these attractive features that make the 2024 Sierra HD AT4X a luxurious off-road hauler, the Sierra also gets a new Off-Road Mode. When engaged, the Off-Road Mode adjusts carious vehicle calibrations, such as the anti-lock brakes, traction control, and stability control, to provide optimized performance when venturing off-road. Additionally, Off-Road Mode alters throttle progression and transmission shifts to allow for better off-road control and performance. With the standard 6.6L gas engine or turbocharged 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, plenty of power can make off-roading even easier. Enhanced for 2024, the Duramax will deliver 470 horsepower and 975 lb-ft of torque, offering more power across the entire operating speed range.
The 2024 GMC Sierra HD AT4X is expected to arrive at dealerships as early as the fall of 2023. Pricing will be announced closer to the start of production.